Mobile Home Fire Started By Space Heater Causes $100,000 In Damages


Credit: Joppa Magnolia VFC/ Twitter

HARFORD COUNTY - A mobile home in Abingdon caught fire on Tuesday due to a space heater, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, a fire broke out around 6:13 a.m. at 1114 Shady Drive in Abingdon. One of the residents awoke to the fire in her bedroom, she alerted the other residents, and everyone was able to escape safely.

The State Fire Marshal's Office described the blaze as a "fast-moving fire." It took more than two dozen firefighters from the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company more than 30 minutes to contain the blaze.

Two adult sisters and four children have been displaced and are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance.

I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified