Monday, February 25, 2013
Earlier in February, firefighters saved a Labrador in a house fire.
Two weeks after Level firefighters saved a black Labrador from a burning house in Churchville, the Humane Society of Harford County came to Level bearing gifts. Director of the Humane Society of Harford County Mary Leavens presented the Level Volunteer Fire Company with three pet oxygen masks, in sizes small, medium and large. Speaking in the bay of the Level Volunteer Fire Company, Leavens said that the volunteers' concern for animals "demonstrates your true commitment to the community." When firefighters arrived at a two-story home on the 3600 block of Aldino Road on Feb. 11, the woman who lived there escaped but couldn't coax her dog, Chase, out of the house. Capt. Matt Orf and Sgt. Clinton Polk of Level Volunteer Fire Company found …
Thursday, February 14, 2013
The fire department released the trailer for a movie coming in March.
- POLICE & FIRE
Thursday, February 14
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
A Level Volunteer Fire Company fireman helped save a dog's life during a fire Monday.
Chase—the dog rescued from a fire Monday on Aldino Road—and his family visited Level Volunteer Fire Company Tuesday to give thanks to the team that saved his life. Check out the photo above, which was posted on the Harford County Fire & EMS Association Facebook page. In that post, association spokesman Rich Gardiner wrote: "The family and dog from the Aldino house fire made a surprise visit to the Level VFC yesterday. Here is a pic of the whole group. The dog is doing great. GOOD JOB everyone." The post was shared more than 20 times and was close to 200 'likes' on the association page. Level resident and firefighter Clinton Polk (pictured with the family) is credited with saving the dog, and is pictured with Chase in a photo snapped by …
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
A Level firefighter helped save a dog's life Monday on Aldino Road in Churchville.
A local photographer caught a powerful image of heroism during a fire Monday afternoon in Aldino. Dean Nicewander, an Aberdeen resident, shared a photo showing Level firefighter Clinton Polk applying his own oxygen mask to a dog. Chase, the pup in the photo, survived the fire in a home on the 3600 block of Aldino Road, Nicewander said. Have photos in the community that you want to share? Post them here, or join our Local Voices and become a regular contributor. — Find more of Dean's photos at nicewanderphoto.com
Thursday, December 13, 2012
George Michael Scott was identified as the victim in a fatal blaze on U Way on Dec. 13, 2012.
The man who died in a Havre de Grace house fire Thursday morning was George Michael Scott, according to ABC 2 News. Firefighters found flames through the roof when they arrived at approximately 4:37 a.m. to a home on the 4100 block of U Way in Webster Village, according to Harford County EMS and Volunteer Fire spokesman Rich Gardiner. The victim was in the second floor bedroom of the Cape Cod style home, the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said. Scott's body was burned “beyond recognition,” according to ABC 2 News. His remains were discovered after the fire was brought under control, according to Explore Harford. Fire officials remained on the scene for several hours after the blaze was put out. Scott, 86, was an award-winning college…
A Thursday morning fire in a Havre de Grace neighborhood proved fatal, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
UPDATE (12:20 p.m.)—One person was killed in a Thursday morning fire in Havre de Grace, the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported in a press release. Firefighters responded to a call in Webster Village at approximately 4:37 a.m. Thursday to find flames through the roof on the 4000 block of U Way, according to the Harford County Fire and EMS Association. The victim, who has not been identified, was found on the second floor of a single-family Cape Cod style home, reported the state fire marshal. The Level Volunteer Fire Company, Susquehanna Hose Company and crews from Cecil County worked to put out the fire and conduct rescue operations. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal, the fire's cause and origin are under investigation, and …
The fire took place before 5 a.m. in the 4000 block of U Way.
- POLICE & FIRE
- Sean Welsh
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene of a two-alarm fire early Thursday morning in Webster Village. Crews from Level, Aberdeen, Susquehanna Hose Company and Cecil County responded to the fire around 4:37 a.m. in the 4000 block of U Way, according to a post on the Harford County Fire & EMS Association Facebook and Twitter pages. First responders reported fire through the roof, and rescue procedures were underway at the time, the association said. No further details were available. Stay with Patch for updates.
Monday, December 10, 2012
The incident occurred just before 10:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Investigators are seeking information about a minivan fire near Havre de Grace Sunday night. A passerby reported a fire at 10:19 p.m. Sunday on the exit ramp from Interstate 95 North to Havre de Grace, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal. Hernander G. Enrique was identified as the driver of the 1997 Dodge Caravan involved in the blaze, according to the fire marshal's report, which stated that Enrique fled the scene. Firefighters from Level Volunteer Fire Company put out the blaze, which started in the engine, in approximately 10 minutes, according to the report. There was $2,100 in damage, according to the fire marshal. Maryland State Police and the Maryland State Fire Marshal are investigating. Anyone with information should call…
Thursday, December 6, 2012
The fire call came at 2:41 p.m. Thursday afternoon on Revolution Street in Havre de Grace.
UPDATE 5:45 p.m.—Two people were hospitalized and six apartments deemed uninhabitable after a fire broke out at The Graw Thursday afternoon, according to first responders. Firefighters received a call from The Graw, a six-story apartment building on the 100 block of Revolution St., reporting a fire requiring rescue at 2:41 p.m., Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst told Patch. Firefighters arrived at 2:43 p.m. to find the blaze contained to one apartment on the second floor, said Hurst. A man was taken by ambulance to Harford Memorial Hospital in serious but stable condition, said Jeremy Mothershed, chief of the Havre de Grace Ambulance Corps. The patient, who had been in the apartment where the fire originated, was brought outside …
Friday, November 9, 2012
The fire began around 2 p.m. on Friday.
Crews from seven local fire companies responded to a fire at a building on the Aldino Sod Farm Friday afternoon, putting it under control quickly. A 40-foot by 30-foot building at the farm on Aldino Road was ablaze at 2:25 p.m., according to Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association. The fire was under control as of 2:30 p.m., Gardiner said. At that time, no injuries had been reported. Level Volunteer Fire Company was first to respond, followed by units from Aberdeen, Susquehanna Hose Company, Perryville, Darlington, Aberdeen Proving Ground and Rising Sun, Gardiner said. Stay with Patch for updates.