Saturday, December 29, 2012
The Maryland State Fire Marshal said the blaze started at 10:06 p.m. Friday.
One person was injured and a family is displaced after a Friday night fire in Cecil County consumed their home, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal. Ardell Williams, who lived in the home on the 800 block of East Old Philadelphia Road, sustained second-degree burns to his legs and lower torso and was flown to Bayview Medical Center for treatment, the fire marshal said in his report. Williams was refilling the kerosene heater in his bedroom at 10:06 p.m. Friday when the heater flashed, burning him and igniting items in the bedroom, the report stated. The fire spread through the house, accelerated by the presence of a propane tank in the kitchen, the fire marshal said. Paramedics from Cecil County and North East treated Williams for…
The Friday night fire required multiple crews in Cecil County to put it out.
The North East Fire Company responded to a reported fire Friday evening that engulfed a home on the 800 block of Old Philadelphia Road in North East. Fire personnel at the North East station confirmed the blaze was out by 11:15 p.m. It was reported at approximately 10 p.m. Friday. The Susquehanna Hose Company dispatched one crew from Havre de Grace to Perryville to fill in Friday night, said Fire Chief Scott Hurst, while the Perryville firefighters were helping out in North East. There was no official information available as of 11:45 p.m. regarding whether anyone was inside the house at the time of the fire and how it originated. Find our updated coverage here: "Man Flown for Burn Treatment After Cecil County House Fire."
Sunday, November 18, 2012
A firefighter was also injured.
A child was killed and a firefighter injured in a Saturday night blaze in Cecil County. Fire was reported at a manufactured home on the 400 block of Telegraph Road in Rising Sun at 11:18 p.m. Saturday, where it overtook the room of a child who did not escape, according to CecilDaily.com; her grandmother was able to get out of the house, the fire marshal told the paper. Until midnight, firefighters from Rising Sun and surrounding jurisdictions worked to knock out the blaze, which CecilDaily.com said also injured a firefighter, who has since been treated and released.