Another: The Citizen Advisory Committee will recommend moving "Family Life and Human Development" to the fourth grade curriculum (it is currently part of fifth grade) because "with the age of puberty steadily decreasing, the timing of this instruction no longer meets the needs of many in the student population," according to a report the committee will present Monday.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments!
Agenda for Monday, Oct. 14, 2013
*Times are approximate
6:30 p.m. Call to Order
6:35 p.m. Public Comment
6:50 p.m. Board Committee Reports and Comments
7:05 p.m. Old Business Action Items
- Affirmation of Monthly Contracts
- Minutes of Board Business Meeting: Sept. 23
- Award of Contract: Architect and Engineering Services for Aberdeen High School Comprehensive Design Services for Stadium and Weight Room Upgrades
- Appointment of the Negotiating Teams for the 2014-15 Contract Year
- Ratification of Negotiated Agreement: Harford County Educational Services Council
7:30 p.m. New Business Action Items
- Decision on Promotions and Appointments, Mrs. Jean A. Mantegna
- Decision on HCPS Board Policies, Patrick P. Spicer, Esq.
- Advertising Policy (06-0024-000)
- Collection of Funds (06-0017-000)
8:20 p.m. Presentations
- Presentation on Strategic Plan Updates: Dr. Susan P. Brown, Mr. Phillip E. Snyder, Mrs. Leann Schubert; "Teaching, Empowering, Leading and Learning (TELL) Survey" and "Student Motivation Survey"
- Superintendent's Report
NOTE: PUBLISHED AGENDAS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
If you wish to appear before the board, please complete a request form before the meeting starts. Note the following time restrictions for public comments: three minutes per individual, and five minutes for group representation.
Board of Education of Harford County
A.A. Roberty Building
102 S. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, Maryland 21014
Telephone: 410-838-7300 FAX: 410-638-4051
Web Site: http://www.hcps.org