At a ceremony Sept. 27, city and county officials will switch on a pink light that will illuminate the landmark through the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
According to Harford County government spokeswoman Sherrie Johnson, this is the fourth year for the pink lighting, which is made possible through Harford County government, the city of Havre de Grace and Friends of the Concord Point Lighthouse.
“We hope that by shining a light on the issue, we can in some small way help to promote early detection, provide support to those valiantly fighting the disease, and give encouragement to those working toward a cure," County Executive David Craig said in a prepared statement.
Friday's ceremony at the lighthouse (Concord and Lafayette streets) will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. and feature the following:
- The Baylights will perform.
- A quilt will be raffled off, and so will a decoy from Vincenti Decoys.
- Bruster’s Ice Cream and the Susquehanna Hose Company will offer giveaways.
- The Sweet Devotions cupcake truck, Sweetie, will be open for business.
- People who stop by MacGregor’s Restaurant and mention they went to the lighting ceremony will get 10 percent off dinner.