One man was taken to a hospital and four people were left homeless by a fire Tuesday night at 702 Pulaski Highway in Havre de Grace, according to Chief Scott Hurst of the Susquehanna Hose Company.
The fire began on a stovetop in a residence at Terrace Garden Apartments around 5:30 p.m., then spread to cabinets, the ceiling and the wall, Hurst said.
“A neighbor went in and tried to extinguish the fire…and [he] was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation that was non-life-threatening,” Hurst added.
Within 10 minutes of arriving at the apartment, firefighters had the blaze under control, Hurst said.
Two women and two children were displaced as a result of the fire, which according to Hurst caused $3,000 to $4,000 in damages.
The Susquehanna Hose Company helped find lodging for the women and children, said Hurst.