.
News Alert
Hazmat Team Responds to Overturned Vehicle in…

Stove Malfunction Draws Hose Company to Community Center

Firefighters responded to the call on Lagaret Lane Thursday night.

After someone reported smelling gas inside the Havre de Grace Community Center at approximately 7:30 p.m. Thursday, five divisions of the Susquehanna Hose Company converged around Lagaret Lane.

"When we get a gas leak inside and there's a chance of an explosion, all divisions respond," Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst said.

The issue turned out to be a malfunctioning gas stove. "The pilot light went out," Hurst said.

Firefighters addressed the immediate problem, but Hurst said the stove needs to be repaired for future use.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »