.

Kerosene Heater Fire Engulfs Port Deposit Mobile Home

Firefighters spent two hours putting out the blaze, the fire marshal reported.

There were no injuries after a blaze broke out at a mobile home in Port Deposit Sunday, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

At 7:01 p.m. on Jan. 6, a fire was reported on the 2000 block of Red Toad Road, the fire marshal stated in a reported issued Monday.

According to the report, a woman living in the mobile home discovered the fire in the rear bedroom and alerted authorities.

The 49 firefighters who responded—from Rising Sun, Port Deposit, North East and Cecil County Emergency Services—spent approximately two hours putting out the fire, the report stated.

There were challenges due to the amount of items in the residence, according to the Water Witch Fire Company from Port Deposit. 

The fire marshal reported that the fire, which resulted in $60,000 of structural damage and $10,000 in loss of contents, was caused by combustible items near a kerosene heater.

Ruffin January 07, 2013 at 02:58 PM
Kerosene is extremely dangerous when placed too close to materials in a room, no matter what size room it is. I am glad no one was injured or worse.
Linda Hoffecker January 09, 2013 at 05:54 AM
Glad no one injured but it sounds like that show 'Hoarders' with all of the 'contents' making it hard for firemen to extinguish.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »