A helicopter descended on Havre de Grace Saturday night to rescue a man suffering from a gunshot wound, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said.
Daniel Patrick Morris, 26, of Elkton, was shot in the abdomen after a dispute in Perrywood, according to a statement from the sheriff's office.
At 6:20 p.m. Saturday, authorities received a report of shots fired on the 200 block of Perrywood Court, Aaron Stewart, spokesman for the sheriff's office, told Patch.
When deputies arrived at the Perrywood apartment complex, they were informed that an acquaintance of the victim took him to Harford Memorial Hospital, according to the statement.
A Maryland State Police helicopter transported Morris from Harford Memorial Hospital to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center "for further treatment of his wound," Stewart said.
According to the sheriff's office, Morris could not provide a suspect description.
Morris was listed in serious condition at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center Sunday afternoon.
- Sheriff: Man Shot in Perrywood Saturday Night (March 9, 2013)
- Man Flown Out with Head Trauma in Perrywood (Nov. 2012)
- Upper Chesapeake Leaders Discuss New Hospital (July 2012)
- UPDATED: Man Wanted for Shooting on Mayberry Drive (Oct. 2011)
- Mayberry Drive Double Shooting Suspect Arrested (Oct. 2011)
Want more? Sign up for the Havre de Grace Patch daily newsletter to get headlines in your inbox.