After mailboxes, a van and bushes were vandalized recently in neighborhoods around Havre de Grace, the police department is investigating the incidents as related.
“It is believed multiple juvenile suspects are responsible for these incidents based on witness accounts," Pfc. Jeff Gilpin, spokesman for the Havre de Grace Police Department, said Wednesday.
"No exact identification has been made as of yet," Gilpin added, noting that the investigation is ongoing.
Approximately 10 reports of vandalism came in over the weekend, according to Havre de Grace police, in the following locations:
- 200 block of Tidewater Drive: One mailbox was broken off its post, causing an estimated $60 in damage. That was reported at 9:08 a.m. on Oct. 20. Another mailbox had been vandalized, reported at 2:27 p.m. on Oct. 20, resulting in $75 in damage. A third act of vandalism was reported on this block at 9:08 a.m. but no further information was available.
- 100 block of Widgeon Drive: Vandalism to bushes caused $300 in damage, reported at 12:53 p.m. on Oct. 20.
- 300 block of Heather Way: A mailbox was broken off, causing $30 in damage, reported at 11 a.m. on Oct. 20.
- 200 block of Canvasback Drive: Someone reported damage to a mailbox at 10:05 a.m. on Oct. 20.
- 700 block of Ruddy Court: Mailbox damage was reported at 8:40 a.m. on Oct. 20.
- Unit block of Tidewater Drive: Juveniles were throwing eggs at vehicles, according to a report filed at 2:42 a.m. on Oct. 20.
- 200 block of Seagull Drive: A resident reported damage to his residence. at 10:48 p.m. on Oct. 19.
- 900 block of Pulaski Highway: A GPS and CDs were stolen when a 2011 Chevrolet van was broken into, causing $500 in damage. The incident was reported at 9:19 p.m. on Oct. 19.
“We do think the incidents are related due to the timing and the locations,” Gilpin said.
Anyone with information may contact the Havre de Grace Police Department at 410-939-2121.