.

Condo Fire in Grace Harbour Clears Out Building

The Susquehanna Hose Company had the fire under control within minutes.

One person was being evaluated Friday after a fire broke out in Grace Harbour, Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst said.

The fire started in the kitchen of a condo on the 100 block of Bayland Drive and spread to the cabinets, Hurst said. Smoke alarms in the building alerted firefighters of the situation around 3 p.m. Friday, and it took the Hose Company less than five minutes to put it out, according to the chief.

Hurst said that occupants of the building, including the person in the apartment at the time of the fire, evacuated before more than 20 firefighters arrived.

As of 3:45 p.m., Hurst said the building was cleared for residents to return to their homes, except for the unit where the incident occurred. The condition of the resident of the condo where the fire started was not available, Hurst said.

Carol October 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Great Job. Havre de Grace has a great Team of Fire Fighters, and EMT's. Not only that Havre de Grace has a Great Team of City Workers all year long.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »