.

Fire Under Control at House Near APG: Officials

The fire was reported after 10 p.m.

Fire was through the roof at a home south of Aberdeen Friday night when firefighters arrived, according to the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association.

At 10:10 p.m. on Friday, crews were dispatched to the 800 block of Chelsea Road, where heavy fire was visible through the roof of a single-family home, Harford Fire & EMS reported.

By 10:55 p.m., the fire was placed under control and firefighters were checking for extension, according to Harford Fire & EMS.

Nobody was home at the time the fire broke out, and no injuries were reported, officials said.

At 10:21 p.m., crews called for additional personnel as the fire was upgraded to a second alarm, according to the report.

Due to a propane leak and the structural integrity of the home, firefighters were evacuated from the premises around 10:30 p.m. and fought the fire defensively, according to the report, which said the fire marshal was on the way to the scene.

Crews were able to bring the blaze under control before 11 p.m., officials said.

Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company reported that it sent 18 firefighters, two engines, a truck and its air unit to the scene.

By 11:30 p.m., Harford Fire & EMS said that Aberdeen Fire Department and other companies remained at the scene "with extensive overhaul."

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »