.

Firefighter Hospitalized, Family Displaced after Aberdeen Blaze: Fire Marshal

The house fire was ruled an accident, the fire marshal reported.

A family was displaced and a firefighter was taken to the hospital as the result of a house fire near Aberdeen Friday night, the Office of the State Fire Marshal reported.

The fire in the 800 block of Chelsea Road near the Bush River was discovered by a passerby at 10:10 p.m. on Friday, according to the report.

Nobody was home at the time, the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association reported.

Approximately 50 firefighters—from Aberdeen, APG, Susquehanna Hose Company and Joppa-Magnolia—responded, bringing the fire under control in an hour, the fire marshal said.

One firefighter was taken to Upper Chesapeake for smoke inhalation, according to the report.

The fire marshal said the fire was ruled an accident, caused by an electrical fault below the flooring in the den.

The blaze caused $200,000 in structural damage, and $50,000 worth of items inside the home were also lost, the report stated.

As a result of the fire, the family that lived there was displaced and was being assisted by the Red Cross and Harford County Disaster Assistance, the fire marshal said.

Related: Fire Under Control at House Near APG
Gregory Simons April 21, 2014 at 04:54 PM
Abingdon Volunteer Fire Rescue Company was there as well

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »