2 Injured In Brush Pile Flash Fire

Two men were transported to area hospitals with burns Thursday evening.

Two men were transported to area hospitals with burns after a flash fire Thursday on Robin Hood Road on the outskirts of .

The fire took place in the 100 block of Robin Hood Road around 7 p.m. Thursday in the back yard of a residence, where a pile of brush in a large fire pit—ignited by gasoline—burned two victims, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said in a release.

Patrick Mitchell, 25, suffered first- and second-degree burns and transported himself to , the fire marshal said. From there, he was transferred to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the release.

Christopher Hyman was treated for first-degree burns at , and was subsequently released, the fire marshal said.

The fire did not require a response from local fire companies, the fire marshal said. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something