The National Association of Professional Organizers, The Container Store, Ikea, industries partners and Professional Organizers around the world come together in January to share organizing ideas, tips and specials for GO Month. With the new year and a new start to projects, January is the perfect time to get organized and create a plan to last the whole year through.
In recognition of GO Month Sappari Solutions and Barely Used Consignments on Main have come together in search of Harford and Cecil County's messiest closet. It is the third annual contest for the partners. This year, as in years past, entries are submitted by email to email@example.com and evaluated. The messiest closet is chosen and a makeover is provided to the winning closet. It is a fun way to bring awareness to the organizing industry.
I encourage you to submit your photos along with a short description by January 15, 2013 or if you want to tackle your closet project on your own follow these tips:
How to organize your closet
- Remove any items that are out of style.
- Remove any items that don't fit properly.
- Remove any items you don't feel good wearing.
- Designate a specific area for tops, pants, skirts and dresses
- Arrange tops by sleeve length then color.
- Arrange skirts & pants by length then by color.
- The most important step is to set aside 10 minutes each week to straighten up anything that is out of place.
Our check out Sappari Solutions on Pinterest for more organizing ideas.