Trees and lampposts in downtown Havre de Grace are adorned with trappings of the season, and soon the streets will be brimming with carolers and community groups helping Havre de Grace get in the holiday spirit.
The city's annual holiday parade will kick off at 6 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, in front of the American Legion on St. John Street. The parade route runs from St. John Street to Washington Street, ending at Congress Avenue.
The Susquehanna Hose Company will take the place of reindeer, delivering Santa and Mrs. Claus to the parade and dropping them off to light the city's Christmas tree at Rochambeau Plaza.
- Havre de Grace Drama Guild
- Havre de Grace basketball
- Lantern Queen
- Havre de Grace High School marching band
- Havre de Grace Girl Scouts
- Havre de Grace Department of Recreation cheerleaders
- Havre de Grace Decoy Museum
- Havre de Grace boys and girls soccer
- Friends of the Concord Point Lighthouse
- Steppingstone Farm Museum
- Havre de Grace cheerleaders
Following the parade, Santa will head over to Santa Land in the 200 block of North Washington Street to hear holiday wishes from children.
There will also be a large-scale model train on display at the Masonic Susquehanna Lodge 130, depicting the Concord Point Lighthouse and the R. Madison Mitchell Decoy Shop. The display opens at 5:30 p.m. Friday at 215 N. Washington Street and will be open during and after the parade.
The Winter Wonderland Committee and Main Street worked together to decorate downtown for occasion, according to Brigitte Peters, manager of marketing and tourism for the city of Havre de Grace.
Said Peters: "Visitors will be mesmerized by our holiday storefronts and the decorations..."