Invite a friend
"The Town Goes to the Dogs & Cats 6th Annual Fundraiser"
Calling All Artists...
It's time for our Annual Fundraising Event that benefits Harford County Humane Society!
"The Sixth Annual The Town Goes to the Dogs & Cats"
This program is open to the public, students, children and Professional Artists. It's a fun judged art show and sale of hardwood dog and cat manikins that YOU paint and decorate. The goal is to help the homeless animals sheltered at Harford County Humane Society.
This is how it Works
1. Purchase a hardwood dog or cat manikin from February 1st through March 30th, 2013 at The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies.
Manikins cost just $17.79 (plus tax) and $2.50 of every sale (plus a matching donation of $2.50 by The Art Rooms) making a total donation of $5.00 automatically goes to the Harford County Humane Society!
2. Decorate, Paint & Pose your manikin and return it to The Art Rooms no later than Saturday, April 6, by 4:00 pm.
3. Judging of your embellished manikin will take place at The Art Rooms during Mid April.
Judges are Art Professors from Harford Community Art Department. “The Best Dog & Cat in Manikin Town” will be selected in both Adult & Children’s Categories. Winners will receive wonderful prizes! Entries from previous years are not permitted.
4. Attend the Reception on Sunday, April 28th from 2:00 to 4:00 pm at The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies.
The reception is sponsored by Laurrapin Grille and Tidewater Grille. Be creative and have fun with this project! You have the option of selling the finished manikin and keeping 100% of the proceeds or be an ANGEL and donate all or some of your proceeds to the Harford County Humane Society!
New this year as part of "The Town Goes to the Dogs & Cats"….
For an entry fee of just $10.00 you will receive a 9x12 canvas board. Create a fabulous painting (any media accepted) of a four legged friend.
1. Return your painting to The Art Rooms for judging no later than Saturday, April 6, by 4:00 pm. All entries must be framed and ready to hang.
Judges are Art Professors from Harford Community Art Department. “First, second and Third Place Winners” will be selected in both Adult & Children’s Category.
Winners will receive wonderful prizes!
2. Attend the Reception on Sunday, April 28th from 2:00 to 4:00 pm at The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies.
For more information please contact The Art Rooms at 410-939-6424.
|Where||The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies 116 N Washington St, Havre de Grace, MD 21078|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:30 pm–6:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies
When entering this art supply store, the customer feels like they are walking into a home studio of their very own--stocked with an array of supplies, of course. Located in the diverse downtown area on Washington Street, it is the only professional art supply store in the Harford/Cecil County area.
Other events here
- Kids Art Club at The Art Rooms Professional Art Supplies May 4, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 25, 2013, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- "Blending Color Pencils Art Class" May 19, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 23, 2013, 1:30 pm–3:30 pm
- “Nature in Oils” Summer Oil Painting Class July 5, 2013 / July 6, 2013 / July 7, 2013 / July 21, 2013 / August 4, 2013 / August 18, 2013, 1:30 pm–3:30 pm
- “Just Paint with Acrylics you know you want to!" July 5, 2013 / July 6, 2013, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- “Splash in Watercolors” Painting Class July 12, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / July 14, 2013 / July 28, 2013 / August 11, 2013 / August 25, 2013, 1:30 pm–3:30 pm
- “What is Zentangle?” July 26, 2013 / July 27, 2013, 3:00 pm–4:40 pm