YOU TELL US: Live Chat About Hurricane Irene
Calling all Havre de Grace and other Harford County residents. Keep us and your neighbors up to date on developments as you see them.
National Weather Service continues its flash flood watch into Sunday morning and flood warning until 9 a.m. over Harford County.
- Old Southhampton Road between Moores Mill Road and the dead end
- Quaker Bottom Road between Webster-Lapidum Road and Rock Run Road
- Cool Branch Road between Route 136 and Glenville Road
- Hitching Post Drive between Broadway and Jackson Boulevard
- Stafford Road in Susquehanna State Park
- Wheel Road between Cedar Drive and Laurel Bush Drive
- Wheel Road between House 632 and Lapidum Road
- Philadelphia Road (Route 7) from Route 40 to the rear entrance of Walmart
- Rock Run between Old Level Road and Stafford Road
- Singer Road between Route 152 and Atkisson Road
- Chapel Road between Paradise Road and Earlton Road
- Johnson Mill Road between Conowingo Road and the bridge
- Montgomery Drive between Bynum Riddge Road and Bynum Road
- Carsins Run Road between Creswell and Route 22
- Graftons Lane between Route 136 and Route 22
- Idlewild Road at County Village Drive
- Pine Street between Route 755 to the dead end
Alternate Route—Harford Memorial Hospital
- From Upper Chesapeake Medical spokeswoman Martha Mallonee:
Emergency Detour Route to Harford Memorial Hospital via National Guard
Revolution St. closed from Seneca Avenue to Juanita St.
Take Route 40 to Otstego St. to Union Avenue. Alternate route through National Guard is open:
Maryland Route 7 (Old Post Road) to Old Bay Lane
Turn at red light onto Old Bay Lane
Turn Left onto 3rd Street, through gate at National Guard Property
Pass through 3 gates located on the City of Havre de Grace Public Works Property
Follow Detour Signage
After passing through 3rd gate, turn left
Go (along fence) to stop sign and turn Right
Go approx. 100 feet to stop sign and turn left
Turn Right onto Bloomsbury Avenue (approx. 150 feet)
Go to 2nd stop sign and turn Right onto Giles Street
Go 4 blocks and turn Left onto Union Ave.
Go 3 blocks and turn right onto Lewis Street
The Hospital Emergency Entrance will be on the left
Note: This route is to be used for urgent/emergency purposes or essential personnel travel to and from Harford Memorial Hospital
- Firefighters responded to a fire for wires down in Fallston around 7:15 p.m. There were no injuries.
- A tree fell on a home in the 2200 block of Old Emmorton Road. The family has been displaced and is at Patterson Mill High School. A streetlight fire was reported in Havre de Grace around 8 p.m.
See a fallen tree? Spot a flooded street? Witness a heroic act? Let your neighbors know about it in real time. You can also upload your photos of the storm by clicking on "add your photos & videos." Thanks. Stay safe.