UPDATED (3:15 p.m.)—On the 199th anniversary of the British attacks on the city during the War of 1812, the Havre de Grace will welcome guests of a different variety to the shores of the Susquehanna River.
It's the first night for D'Bohemia.
There are plenty of reasons to be in downtown Havre de Grace tonight, and just so you're completely prepared—Patch has learned that there are some changes to the night's entertainment plans.
Two musical acts—The Jethro Brothers, as well as Mr. Pink and the Reservoir Dogs—were late scratches.
The main music area has been moved from Rochambeau Plaza to the 200 block of North Washington Street, across from the outdoor cafe at Laurrapin Grille.
The Snowball Experience will be located on Franklin Street, just downhill from the intersection at Union Avenue.
WAMD Radio will be broadcasting live from —which is hosting Paul McGuire and The Rowdy Boys on the SUN Stage.
Other notable entertainment, as reported by Patch earlier this week:
- Free face painting at the Main Street booth on Pennington Avenue and Washington Street
- The Corvette Club returns with an impressive display of cars
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church will feature sample hot rods that will be participating at its Strawberry Festival in June
- Music sponsored by Painted Ladies, Just for Fun and Flicker Scents along Franklin Street
- Duke Thompson and the Drum Circle at the Havre de Grace Water Plant
- Chris Monaghan Music at Distinctive Décor on St. John Street
Need any more reasons to head downtown tonight? Check out these First Friday deals, courtesy Havre de Grace Main Street:
- The Art Rooms » 116 N. Washington St. 410-939-6424. First Friday 2012 hours from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Join us in the studio for an informal art demonstration from 5:30-6 p.m. The Art Rooms Spring Sale: AA Multi-Media Sketchbooks start at $3.99! "SPOTY", Tempera Children's Paint Marker Sets at $4.99! Grumbacher Academy Watercolors (all colors) at $2.86 And Much More!
- Island Jack » Come say good bye to Island Jack!! May 4 is Island Jack last day, we will be going out in the same style that we came in 5 years ago...with margaritas and smiles! Hope to see you all then!!
- Lantern Queen » Reserve your Mother's Day cruise tickets now. Two hour dinner cruise (6-8 PM) features a surf & turf menu of the now famous Lantern Queen Crabcake & carved strip loin dinner. $50/person. Seating limited. www.lanternqueen.com or (410) 939-1468 tickets.
- Simply Art & Gift Gallery » Come see us this First Friday and find us all over again with our new look and name (formerly Simply Grand Events),lots of wonderful local art and our new gallery of HdG gifts of all types and price ranges at 456 Franklin Street. Open until 9 p.m. for the excitement of our first First Friday! All artwork 20 percent off for the night! www.simplyart.vpweb.com
Simplicity Antique Boutique » A unique evening to browse our collection of vintage antiques, ladies accents, gifts and more! Our select Tiffany inspired lamps are 20 percent off for the evening only! See us at 454 Franklin St. next to Simply Art & Gift Gallery. Open until 9 p.m. for the evening excitement! www.simplyantiques.vpweb.com
Arts by the Bay Gallery » 500B Warren Street. Join us as we host our Spring Reception. Help us welcome 6 new artists! Refreshments by Laurrapin Grille. May 4th, 7-9pm.
- Distinctive Décor » Spring Cleaning Sale going on at Distinctive Decor 25 percent savings on most in stock items. Open Friday 11 a.m. until ...? Come enjoy the music of Chris Monaghan in front of our shop. Step inside and with a purchase of $30 or more you will be entered into a drawing for a $250 in store gift certificate! Located at 322 St. John Street. 410-939-2995.
- Tidewater Grille » 300 Franklin Street. Featuring fresh seafood & steaks and waterfront dining. Two expansive outside decks. Join us First Friday in the lounge for happy hour and buffet from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Live entertainment every weekend. Reservations accepted: 410-939-3313.www.tidewatergrille.com. Free docking for customers!
- Flicker Scents » We will be open from 1:00 till the crowd dies down. We have a performer who is going to sing "Sinatra" style from 6-8 p.m. on the corner of Frankllin and Union. We will also be running a special in the store that night. 10 percent off your purchase of $20 or more ... and enter a drawing to win a gift certificate valued at $25 (no purchase needed). We are located at 331 N Union Avenue. www.FlickerScents.info. 443-966-2040.
- Salon Marielle » Stop by to receive your free seated massage or hand treatment and to get all the information about Havre de Grace's Girls Night Out.
Keep an eye out for the Patch tent at future First Friday events.
I'll be out and about shooting photos tonight, but feel free to upload your pictures from this weekend to our community gallery under the Pics & Clips tab.