Stove Malfunction Draws Hose Company to Community Center
Firefighters responded to the call on Lagaret Lane Thursday night.
After someone reported smelling gas inside the Havre de Grace Community Center at approximately 7:30 p.m. Thursday, five divisions of the Susquehanna Hose Company converged around Lagaret Lane.
"When we get a gas leak inside and there's a chance of an explosion, all divisions respond," Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst said.
The issue turned out to be a malfunctioning gas stove. "The pilot light went out," Hurst said.
Firefighters addressed the immediate problem, but Hurst said the stove needs to be repaired for future use.