Kerosene Heater Fire Engulfs Port Deposit Mobile Home
Firefighters spent two hours putting out the blaze, the fire marshal reported.
There were no injuries after a blaze broke out at a mobile home in Port Deposit Sunday, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
At 7:01 p.m. on Jan. 6, a fire was reported on the 2000 block of Red Toad Road, the fire marshal stated in a reported issued Monday.
According to the report, a woman living in the mobile home discovered the fire in the rear bedroom and alerted authorities.
There were challenges due to the amount of items in the residence, according to the Water Witch Fire Company from Port Deposit.
The fire marshal reported that the fire, which resulted in $60,000 of structural damage and $10,000 in loss of contents, was caused by combustible items near a kerosene heater.