Harford Under Heat Advisory, Cooling Centers Open
Harford County is under a heat advisory from noon until 7 p.m. Friday.
Harford County is under a heat advisory from noon until 7 p.m. Friday, and county government has opened cooling centers in response.
Temperatures are expected to reach the mid 90s with heat index values ranging from 105 to 108 degress, according to the National Weather Service.
A heat advisory will go into effect for the county at noon.
High temperatures and humidity can cause heat-related illnesses, so the NWS urges people to drink plenty of fluids and stay in the air conditioning, out of the sun.
Due to the heat, county libraries will double as "cooling centers" during normal business hours.
Harford County Public Libraries are opened at 10 a.m. and will remain open until 5 p.m. with the exception of the Darlington branch, which is open from 1 until 5 p.m.
See locations of local libraries here:
- Aberdeen » 21 Franklin St., Aberdeen
- Abingdon» 2510 Tollgate Rd. Abingdon
- Bel Air» 100 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Bel Air
- Darlington » 1134 Main St., Darlington
- Edgewood » 629 Edgewood Rd., Edgewood
- Fallston » 1461 Fallston Rd., Fallston
- Havre de Grace» 120 N. Union Ave., Havre de Grace
- Jarrettsville » 3722 Norrisville Rd., Jarrettsville
- Joppa » 655 Towne Center Dr., Joppa
- Norrisville » 5310 Norrisville Rd., White Hall
- Whiteford » 2407 Whiteford Rd., Whiteford
Have storm stories to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For live weather alerts, check out Patch's emergency communication tools here:
Stay with Patch for updates.