The building containing the gymnasium, auditorium and the music department was evacuated around 12:30 p.m.
Teri Kranefeld, manager of communications for Harford County Public Schools, told Patch in an email a "faint gas smell was detected by the boiler room near the gym. That building has been evacuated. Police and the [Susquehanna Hose Company] are on site to assess the situation."
Kranefeld had no further info as of 12:44 p.m.
Students in the gym and auditorium building were moved to the main building.
Chief Scott Hurst told Patch in a text message Monday afternoon that the Susquehanna Hose Company reported a gas leak in the boiler room to BGE. Hurst added that a BGE crew was on the scene around 1:45 p.m.
Stay with Patch for updates.