EDITOR'S NOTE: There have been some late changes made to the plans for First Friday. Read the updated article here.
It's time to hit the streets again.
First Friday returns for 2012 from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, and Havre de Grace Main Street and the City of Havre de Grace are making it even easier to hit the streets.
They're closing them.
The city will close a series of streets, allowing for an easier pedestrian thoroughfare and for outdoor cafe seating at popular establishments in the city's arts & entertainment district.
The 200 block of Washington Street will be closed, as will St. John Street from Washington and Green to Franklin Street, and Franklin Street from St. John to Union Avenue.
Cafe seating will be in place on Washington and St. John Streets. The First Fridays Main Stage at Rochambeau Plaza will highlight upcoming singer songwriters.
Balloon hats will be created by Nothin' Up My Sleeve Entertainment.
Music acts and entertainment will include:
- Jen Minor, The Jethro Brothers, and Brendan Hild on the First Fridays Main Stage at Rochambeau Plaza
- Mr. Pink and the Reservoir Dogs in the 100 block of Washington Street
- Free face painting at the Main Street booth on Pennington Avenue and Washington Street
- The Corvette Club returns with an impressive display of cars
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church will feature sample hot rods that will be participating at its Strawberry Festival in June
- Music sponsored by Painted Ladies, Just for Fun and Flicker Scents along Franklin Street
- Duke Thompson and the Drum Circle at the Havre de Grace Water Plant
- Chris Monaghan Music at Distinctive Décor on St. John Street
- All the festivities also can be enjoyed at the improved café seating
Patch likely will have a tent at upcoming First Friday events.
TELL US: What are you most excited to see at First Friday? Leave a comment.