First Friday: Christmas Parade, Tree Lighting
The annual parade kicks off festivities at 6 p.m.
The holiday season officially begins Friday night in Havre de Grace with the annual parade and tree lighting.
The final First Friday of 2011 begins with the parade, beginning from the Lafayette statue at 6 p.m., and heading down St. John Street to Rochambeau Plaza (see photo for route). There, the official tree lighting will take place.
The tree was put in place last weekend.
The following individuals and groups are anticipated to take part in the parade:
- American Legion Confederate Colorguard
- Havre de Grace Recreation Cheerleaders, lead by Lisa Belcher
- Spencer Silver Mansion and "Vision of Sugar Plums"
- Havre de Grace Brownies and Girls Scouts
- Good Cause and Restore Church
- Havre de Grace Recreation's Drama Guild, lead by Tom Barnes
- Salvation Army Canteen
- Havre de Grace High School Band
- Havre de Grace Middle School Band
- Susquehanna Hose Company with the Havre de Grace High School Class 1A North region champion boys soccer team
- Mr. and Mrs. Claus
Also, the Havre de Grace High School Chorus will be singing by the tree.
Will you be attending the parade? What part are you looking forward to most? Tell us in the comments.