Fire Forces Residents From The Graw
A fire took place at the senior housing complex Monday morning.
About 50 personnel from the Susquehanna Hose Company, Aberdeen Fire Department and the Harford County Career EMS Foundation responded to the fire, which was contained in the boiler room, Susquehanna Hose Company Chief Scott Hurst told Patch.
The fire took place shortly after 2 a.m., and Hurst said crews were on the scene until about 4:45 a.m., ventilating the building after discovering high levels of carbon monoxide in about 50 rooms.
Some residents showed signs of elevated levels of carbon monoxide, Hurst said, but no patients were transported from the scene. Residents were allowed to return to their units, Hurst said.
"We ventilated all six floors and all the apartments and made sure all carbon monoxide levels were zero in all apartments when we left," Hurst said in a text message to Patch.
All damage was contained to the boiler room.
Hurst said the Susquehanna Hose Company was on the scene within three minutes.