UPDATED (3:30 p.m.)—Grab your peg leg, your eye patch, and come get hooked on Havre de Grace.
For June's First Friday, a number of vendors and event organizers will be sporting pirate garb in advance of some planned pirate-themed events this summer. Be sure to stop by the Main Street tent at the intersection of Washington Street and Pennington Avenue for more information.
You won't have to walk the plank after that, though.
Just like any other First Friday, there will be plenty to do in downtown Havre de Grace.
Even with the threat of stormy weather.
MacGregor's will not be holding it's outdoor street cafe, but two other establishments will be featuring outdoor beer gardens and cafes—and The Rodgers' House Tavern will join Laurrapin Grille, which had outdoor tables at May's First Friday.
Coakley's Pub also planned to have outdoor seating as of Friday afternoon.
The downtown street closures that debuted at the May First Friday will be in effect again—this time including a second block of Washington Street (see Mapquest image included with this post).
Face painters and a balloon artist will be on the streets to entertain the smaller festival goers.
Live music will be performed along Washington and St. John streets.
Mr. Pink and the Reservoir Dogs will performing in the bar & lounge at Laurrapin Grille from 5 to 7 p.m.
Other performances and entertainment could potentially seek indoor locales.
Check back with Patch later today for an update list of entertainers.
The car show will take over Franklin Street, while St. John Street will feature a mechanical bull and zumba.
The Snowball Experience truck will be parked on North Washington Street at Congress Avenue.
Many businesses will offer specials, including the following, as provided by Main Street:
- Featuring fresh seafood & steaks and waterfront dining. Two expansive outside decks. Join us First Friday in the lounge for happy hour and buffet from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Live entertainment every weekend. Reservations accepted: 410-939-3313 - www.tidewatergrille.com Free docking for customers.
Simply Art & Gift Gallery
- Come visit us at the gallery and see our new art exhibit and meet the artists. Lite fare served with a full gallery of gifts and local artwork. All giftware on special buy $30 and get $5 off. 456 Franklin Street - 410-939-6129 - www.simplyart.vpweb.com
- Come see all the vintage furnishings and gift items we have collected since last month! Store wide 15 percent off all sales $30 or more. 454 Franklin Street. - 410-939-6129 - www.simplyantiques.vpweb.com
- Own a piece of thoroughbred racing history! Limited Edition (100) Giclee Print "Havre de Grace Wins the Woodward" by Bill Watson, signed and numbered by the artist, with certificate. This print of the original pastel depicts the 2011 "Horse of the Year - Havre de Grace," winning the Woodward Stakes. Save 10 percent when mentioning this ad. Call 410-939-7498 for details. www.edesignbywatson.com
- Join Us Friday, June 1 from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Arts by The Bay to meet artists Craig Mizeras and Kimie Ranken who will be introducing their new collaboration of works! By Up-Cycling "ghost nets" pulled from the shores of Washington State, Kimie and Craig have found a way to remove abandoned commercial fishing nets from our oceans and turn this "trash" into great pieces of jewelry you've just got to see: earrings, bracelets, necklaces and more! In addition, 20 percent of their sales this Friday night will benefit The Chesapeake Bay Foundation. We'll also be promoting our benefit for The Martha Lewis to be held at Arts by The Bay on July 6 by raffling off a piece of this jewelry. All monies collected in the sale of the raffle tickets will be donated to The Martha Lewis! For more information about Craig and Kimie's new partnership, please go to www.theoceannetworks.com and "like" The Ocean Net Works on facebook! See you Friday!
- Come visit us on First Friday and when you spend $20 dollars or more, you'll receive a Pizzazz! frequent shopper card! 320 St. John Street. - www.pizzazzshop.com and don't forget to check us out on Facebook!
- Join us on our deck this First Friday to raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. Lemonade, cupcakes, hand massage and seated chair message. Help us find a cure! 100 percent of the proceeds will be donated to Alex's Foundation.
- Official launch of photographer James Craig's book: The Moon has been Eaten: Images from a Year on Easter Island, July 6 (6-9 p.m.) & July 7 (12-6 p.m.)! Orders through June 30, $69 (includes book, original print & DVD). (quantities limited) 224 N Washington St., 410-939-6401 - email@example.com
Look for the Patch tent downtown! Stop by, say hi, sign up for our newsletter, pitch a story idea, ask about advertising or ask about Patch. It's our first time setting up at First Friday.
TELL US: What are you most looking forward to seeing or doing at First Friday? Leave a comment.