2 Injured In Brush Pile Flash Fire
Two men were transported to area hospitals with burns Thursday evening.
Two men were transported to area hospitals with burns after a flash fire Thursday on Robin Hood Road on the outskirts of Havre de Grace.
The fire took place in the 100 block of Robin Hood Road around 7 p.m. Thursday in the back yard of a residence, where a pile of brush in a large fire pit—ignited by gasoline—burned two victims, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said in a release.
Patrick Mitchell, 25, suffered first- and second-degree burns and transported himself to Harford Memorial Hospital, the fire marshal said. From there, he was transferred to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the release.
Christopher Hyman was treated for first-degree burns at Harford Memorial Hospital, and was subsequently released, the fire marshal said.
The fire did not require a response from local fire companies, the fire marshal said.